Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nick's Picks for the '80s


While I (Ben) have been consumed with listening to Western music (Country music's first cousin on both sides of the family!), Nick has been posting on his new blog site about the
Top 45 80s songs of all time


This website contains Nick's thoughts on culture, literature, and, as always music.  It is called
The Cold Composure.

Here are his thoughts about the music of the 1980s:

I picked only one song per artist. If I had not stuck to this, then the list would have been saturated by Stevie Ray Vaughn, U2, Metallica, and Tom Petty. I tried to pick a good mix of rock and pop. And no, Michael Jackson did not even crack the top 20. A few of the songs are from the late 70s or early 90s, but they fit the “80s sound.” If I feel like it I’ll put up commentary later.

1. Any song performed by  Stevie Ray Vaughn

2.Sultans of Swing by Dire  Straits

3.With Or Without You by U2

4.Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison

5. I Won’t Back Down by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

6.Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne

7.Master of Puppets by Metallica

8.Rock The Casbah by The Clash

9.It’s Friday, I’m in Love by The Cure

10.Love Song by Tesla

For the rest of the list and for the brutal verbal argument between the Arkansas father and his Wheaton son as found in the comments, go to

http://thecoldcomposure.wordpress.com/2011/11/12/top-45-80s-songs-of-all-time/#comment-19

No comments:

Post a Comment